Valentine’s Day is a holiday known for its dedication to love, chocolate, and… science? The Science of Love of course!
This year we are celebrating Valentine’s Day science with a kit full of the most eye-catching, heart-grabbing, hands-on science we can find. You can use the Valentine’s Day-themed activities however you want, with whoever you want, but we guarantee that the fun you’ll have will make for a holiday you’ll never forget.
- 4 sheets of Magenta Heat Sensitive Paper
- 1 Energy Stick
- 1 Hand Boiler
- 2 white carnations
- 30 Fortune Telling Fish
- 150 Red UV Color Changing Beads
- 25 grams of Jelly Marbles
- 12 pack of Fizzers Coloring Tablets
- 2 Jumbo Test Tubes with rack
- 4 oz spray bottle of ammonia
- 4 oz bottle of phenolphthalein
- 30 pipe cleaners
- One pair of Clear Safety Glasses
- Activity Guide
What does it teach?
- Electricity and circuits – Energy Stick
- Acid-base indicators – Magic Color-Changing Flowers
- Moisture and humidity – Fortune Telling Fish
- Air pressure and temperature – Hand Boiler
- Thermochromic (heat sensitive) dyes – Heat Sensitive Paper
- Polymers and light refraction – Jelly Marbles
- Ultraviolet light – UV Color Changing Beads