Jack takes a 400,000 volt hit of electricity!

Don’t worry… Jack is fine but he sure got the attention of a few hundred thousand viewers on KUSA-TV when he joined me for a science segment on lightning safety . Barbie took the majority of the torture as 400,000 volts of static electricity turned out to be a hair-raising experience. See the video

Your chances of being struck by lightning in the United States are 1 in 600,000. But your chances of being struck in Colorado are higher simply due to the state being ranked number 11 for lightning deaths in the United States. During the summer months, lightning is the number one life threatening weather hazard.

4 replies
  1. Lori Kiblinger
    Lori Kiblinger says:

    I don’t pretend to understand blogging, but I just found your blog and wanted to remind you how AMAZING you continue to be! SO GLAD Jack wasn’t electrocuted in this process! Keep up the good work. . .our world needs you!

  2. Steve
    Steve says:

    Thanks for your kind words… but you’re the one who is AMAZING! Doing a leadership camp this year? Jack wanted to know if he could take the static electricity machine to school for show-and-tell. I told him that he would probably scare his friends… and he said, “Great!”

  3. Rosendale Intermediate 5th- Grade
    Rosendale Intermediate 5th- Grade says:

    We really like your website! I like the way you did the Mentos fountain. The Mad Scientist Week is cool!
    We loved the oozing pumpkins. We were amazed at the exploding carved pumpkins. Your boys are awesome. We liked the shooting potatoes. Barbie’s hair was sweet!


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *