Join us for an unforgettable experience – June 17-24, 2009
I’m excited to announce our newest teacher training experience… Science at Sea – The Alaska Adventure! We’re taking the Spangler Science experience to the seas for a one-week learning adventure with Carnival Cruises and some of our closest friends (that’s you). For years teachers who have attended our workshops have been asking for training in the life sciences, and we’ve waited for just the right opportunity. This Science at Sea experience has been two years in the planning with both Carnival Cruises and AAA Travel to ensure the best experience possible.
We’ve assembled an award-winning group of naturalists who will lead us through an unforgettable learning experience June 17-24, 2009. The Science at Sea cruise sets sail from Anchorage (Whittier) and stops in Prince William Sound, College Fjord, Sitka, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, the Inside Passage and wraps up in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
You’ll find much more information in our Science at Sea 2009 section, including pricing options, excursion details and an ever-growing FAQ.
Dates and Cities
- June 17, 2009 Depart Anchorage (Whittier) on Carnival Spirit
- June 18, 2009 Cruise through Prince William Sound – Time with Naturalist More Details
- June 19, 2009 Sitka Shore Excursion – Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest More Details
- June 20, 2009 Juneau Shore Excursion – Mendenhall Glacier and Gardens Tour More Details
- June 21, 2009 Skagway Shore Excursion – White Pass Rail & Klondike Highway More Details
- June 21, 2009 Cruise through Lynn Canal – Time with Naturalist More Details
- June 22, 2009 Ketchikan Shore Excursion – Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer More Details
- June 23, 2009 Cruise through Inside Passage – Time with Naturalist More Details
- June 24, 2009 Debark in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Registration for Science at Sea is really a two part process. You’ll start by reserving your space in the class by completing our online registration. After you’re registered for the class, our AAA travel coordinator will personally help you select the perfect cabin onboard the Carnival Spirit.
The price for the Science at Sea class is $895 per person, plus the cost of your room selection through Carnival. We have negotiated discount pricing on all of the cabins ranging from a lower-level interior cabin up to a first-class suite on the top level. Carnival pricing starts at $958 per person based on double occupancy. Please note that all of our pricing for rooms includes the additional fees that are normally not listed on travel websites. These additional fees include port charges, government fees, taxes and fuel surcharges.
What if you want to bring a friend or family members? You may register additional people under your primary registration for the discounted fee of $795 per person. Remember… this fee includes the price of all of the shore excursions and entitles family members and friends to participate in all of the onboard classes and experiences.
Once you’ve registered for the Science at Sea workshop, our personal AAA travel coordinator will personally contact you to help guide you through the cabin selection. The rate for your room will be separate from your workshop registration fee and paid directly to Carnival Cruises through the AAA Travel Agency. By working directly with a AAA professional, you are ensured the highest level of expertise, travel protection and customer service from the best in the travel industry. You can expect the same high level of support and professionalism that you’ve come to count on with all Steve Spangler Science experiences.
What Does the Price Include?
The Science at Sea registration fee includes all of the following…
- Steve Spangler’s pre-cruise kick-off workshop in Whittier, Alaska on June 16th
- Four custom-designed shore excursions in each of the ports of call. The fee covers the cost of all ground transportation to and from each shore excursion. For additional details, see the Shore Excursions section.
- Six onboard seminars offered by our naturalists and the Spangler Science team
- One-on-one time with the Science at Sea naturalists, Steve Spangler and his teaching team
- Curriculum support materials… and some special privileges onboard the ship for the Science at Sea participants
If you’ve taken a cruise in the past, you know that shore excursions alone (especially in Alaska) can exceed the cost of our week-long class.
Special Group Pricing from Carnival Cruises
The Spangler Science team worked closely with Carnival Cruises and AAA Travel Colorado to offer special group discount pricing to everyone who is registered for Science at Sea. You will book your cruise accommodations directly with Carnival through our own AAA travel coordinator based in Colorado. Please note that our AAA Colorado travel coordinator, Gina MacDonald, is the only agent authorized to book your Science at Sea accommodations with Carnival Cruises.
Our special group pricing starts at $958 based on double occupancy. Carnival Cruises promises to offer our Science at Sea participants pricing that beats their lowest advertised pricing for this cruise. If the price goes down based on incentives offered by Carnival, you’re final payment will reflect this discount.
Please note that this starting price of $958 includes all of the additional port charges, government fees (taxes) and fuel surcharges that normally get tacked onto the advertised price. These additional fees total over $430. We want you to know all of the costs upfront… that’s why we included the additional fees in our advertised price.
To inquiry about pricing and room availability, please contact our AAA travel coordinator, Gina MacDonald toll free at (877) 244-9790 x 8921 or e-mail Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org