Christmas Science Craft – Insta-Snow Globe Jar
Are you looking for a quick, easy and unique decoration to brighten up your home or give as a gift?
Make a festive Insta-Snow Globe jar.
1. Scoop Insta-Snow powder into a clean jar.
2. Add water until Insta-Snow is fluffy but not over-saturated and gelatin-like.
3. Fluff and mix the snow with your hand to mix water and powder completely.
4. Decorate by adding miniature trees, people and other holiday decorations.
5. Glue ribbon around lid and place on top of jar.
We used a tiny Santa, tree and snowman from a Christmas village set. Get creative – make people out of baked clay, foam stickers, Legos, Pom Pom people or branches and pine cones from your backyard.
Closing the lid on the jar keeps the snow fresh and wet. You won’t need to re-hydrate it. If you decide to leave the lid off the top, you will want to spritz the Insta-Snow with water every few days to keep it moist.
One more thing, because the Insta-Snow is wet and will keep the jar humid, if you decide to use a flameless candle do not leave it in the jar. Remove it when it’s not in use or the batteries and switch may rust.
We found this originally on All for the Boys and their post Interactive Snowscape. They use sugar for the snow, but we swapped the sugar for our Insta-Snow. Thanks for the great idea!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!