Frequently Purchased Together
- Discover more about static electricity using your homemade static bottle
- Make the Energy Stick® come to life when the circuit is complete
- STEM Science Kit
- 6 Experiments
- Suggested take-it-further activities
- 2 Activity Guides
Recommended for children ages 7 and up with adult supervision.
The kit comes with the essential materials you’ll need to conduct many experiments, take-it-further activities and challenges for 1 – 4 children per kit. You’ll also receive two instruction guides – one for the scientist and a top secret document for the adult science helper. The easy to follow step-by-step instructions guide the learner through the scientific method while providing open-ended activities to promote further learning. The adult helper’s top secret document contains the science explanation behind all of the experiments and answers to all of the science questions. Best of all, you’ll receive helpful tips and suggestions for ways to work with your child to create an unforgettable learning experience.
Science Fair Connections
To develop a science fair project, you need to identify and test variables. A variable is something you change that might alter the results of the experiment. A valid test keeps everything else the same except the single variable being tested. Here are some examples of variables you could test with the Electric Test Tubes activity:
- A plain liquid other than water may be a better conductor and improve the reaction of the Energy Stick. Determine what it might be.
- A material dissolved in the liquid, e.g. salt, sugar, baking soda, etc., might effect the reaction. Use the procedure to determine the material that best improves the results.
- Use the procedure to determine the ideal amount of a dissolved material (its concentration) needed to improve the results.
- It could be that the temperature of the liquid makes a difference in how the Energy Stick reacts to the test. Determine that ideal temperature.
- Do all of these tests independently to positively identify the ultimate method to achieve a reaction from the Energy Stick using the Electric Test Tubes activity.
Come up with your own variable to test and go claim that First Place prize!