Frequently Purchased Together
- A few rolls of original Mentos candies, some two-liter bottles of Diet Coke, and the basic Geyser Car frame will fill up many afternoons with great science discoveries
- STEM Science Kit
- 6 Experiments
- Suggested take-it-further activities
- 2 Activity Guides
Recommended for children ages 6 and up with adult supervision.
The kit comes with the essential materials you’ll need to conduct many experiments, take-it-further activities and challenges for 1 – 4 children per kit.
You’ll also receive two instruction guides – one for the scientist and a top secret document for the adult science helper. The easy to follow step-by-step instructions guide the learner through the scientific method while providing open-ended activities to promote further learning. The adult helper’s top secret document contains the science explanation behind all of the experiments and answers to all of the science questions. Best of all, you’ll receive helpful tips and suggestions for ways to work with your child to create an unforgettable learning experience.
Science Fair Connections
To develop a science fair project, you need to identify and test variables. A variable is something you change that might alter the results of the experiment. A valid test keeps everything else the same except the single variable being tested. This kit screams, “Science fair!” Here are some examples of variables you could test with the “Testing the Limits With the Geyser Car” activity:
- Which type of soda (diet or regular) is the preferred liquid fuel? Which brand of soda will you be using going forward?
- How does the temperature of the soda change the reaction?
- What number of candies makes the biggest, longest lasting geyser?
- Which nozzle propels the car fastest? furthest?
- What improvements to the car can be made to increase distance? speed?
- What’s the best surface for your test track?