We are proud to announce a new resource for teachers looking to keep their teaching credentials up to date while learning hands-on science experiments and lessons to bring into their classrooms.
Our new online Virtual Science Workshop brings teacher training and development into the comfort of your own home. No need to travel and spend nights away from home. Put on those comfy clothes and invite Steve Spangler into your living room. We will even ship workshop materials right to your front door.
This is not your typical webinar – no headless voice endlessly talking over slides. The Spangler Online Learning platform incorporates high definition video, interactive learning prompts, downloadable handouts, online assessments and even a certificate of completion.
“Going virtual requires the trainer to use new strategies and instructional methods to keep the long-distance learner constantly engaged and committed to the learning experience.” – Steve Spangler
Our teacher training captures more than five hours of high energy content organized into easy-to-manage learning segments that make it convenient to learn at your own pace. Start, stop and rewind to make sure you capture every aspect of this learning experience.
- Participate in more than 30 ready-to-use science activities that are inquiry-based, standard-related, and kid-tested
- Develop inquiry-based activities that strengthen critical thinking skills and challenge students to ask the important “Why?” questions
- Use elements of the story line in popular pieces of children’s literature to teach and reinforce fundamental building blocks of your science curriculum
- Discover ways to use attention-grabbing science experiments as daily writing prompts
- Gain a deeper understanding of the real science behind all the fun activities
- Use the “Failure Model” to teach the scientific method
- Develop classroom safety procedures to protect yourself and students against common accidents
- Turn ordinary science activities into unforgettable learning experiences
- Learn how to become a more effective science teacher without spending more money