NOW AVAILABLE IN A TEST TUBE AND STARTER SET
Frequently Purchased Together
- Make water disappear
- This superabsorbent polymer powder soaks up 500-800 times its weight in water
- Turns from a powder to a gel in just seconds
- Discover the secret powder used in diapers!
Steve Spangler Science
For over 25 years, Steve Spangler Science has been getting the young (and young at heart) excited about STEM subjects. Order our Water Gel and then check out our other all-in-one science kits available on our website. These kits are perfect for after-school activities, in-class activities and STEM club experiments that will truly pique the imaginations of children. Each experiment and kit has that Steve Spangler Science WOW factor that we’re known for!
Science Fair Connection
Think about some variables like these that you might test:
- Try altering the type of liquid you use. Make sure you keep all other variables the same, including the quantity of water gel. Then compare the gel forms that are created. Are they the same? Different?
- Try using different temperatures of water. Time the reactions or compare the gel forms that are created.
These are just a couple of ideas, but you aren’t limited to them! Come up with different ideas of variables to test and give them a try. Remember, you can only change one variable at a time for each test. For example, if you are testing different water temperatures, make sure that all other factors in the test remain the same!