It's summertime, and you know what that means…the kids have a ton of free time, the weather is nice, and you have the perfect opportunity for some great hands-on science! That's why we came up with the Summer Science Experiment Guide. With 10 activities and 45 full-color pages, the Summer Science Experiment Guide is full of ideas to help you capitalize on all the warm weather and free time using incredible science experiences!
The Summer Science Experiment Guide combines fantastic science with hands-on activities that will have young scientists engaged from the moment they start. The diversity of activities and experiences will surprise you. From using sodas and a cooler full of water as a great demonstration of density, to teaching kids why sunblock is so important with UV reactive beads, or creating incredible artwork using moss, the Summer Science Experiment Guide offers great opportunities to mix science into your summer!
Summer Science Experiment Guide
- 45 pages
- Full-color with over 60 images
- 10 activities for science fun in the sun!
What Does It Teach?
The Summer Science Experiment Guide uses different fields of science to capitalize on the warm weather of the summer season and create a scientific learning experience that is fun and engaging.
- Bubble Snakes - Surface tension, hydrogen bonds, and color mixing
- Sinking Soda Surprise - Density and buoyancy
- Homemade Ice Cream - Heat transfer and melting/freezing points
- Moss Graffiti - Plant growth
- Nature Prints - UV reactive materials and sun protection
- Seed Spheres - Plant growth
- Solar Oven S'Mores - Solar energy, amplification, and harnessing
- Color Changing UV Beads - UV reactive materials and sun protection
- Film Canister Explosions - Acid-base reactions, physics and motion, and air pressure
- Chemistry Rocket - Acid-base reactions, physics and motion, and air pressure... but on a huge level!