Turn this Valentine’s Day celebration into the biggest nerd fest this side of the Mississippi… or maybe just your side of the street! Who needs ordinary flowers, candy, and cards for Valentine's Day when you could use some of the coolest science activities imaginable? Great teachers (and parents) never miss the opportunity to create a learning experience out of something that kids love – and that’s exactly what the Valentine's Day Science Experiment Guide is all about… connecting some fun science with Valentine's Day.
If you're looking for a kit and activity guide, check out the Valentine's Day Science kit.
Explore the science of a bubbling love meter, make color-changing flowers, grow heart-shaped crystals, make messages secretly appear and disappear, and a dozen more themed activities that connect Valentine's Day and science. Is there a way you can tell if someone likes you? Do you have chemistry with a secret admirer? Is there a spark of electricity with that someone special? Believe it or not, we've found scientific answers to all of these questions!
When you combine fun, attention-grabbing science with Valentine's Day, you're bound to turn any Valentine's Day party into an unforgettable experience.
Valentine's Day Science Experiment Guide
- 20 pages
- Over 15 activities
What does it teach?
The Valentine's Kit uses different fields of science to capitalize on the Valentine's Day holiday and make it a scientific learning experience that is fun and engaging.
- Electricity and circuits - The Love Connection
- Acid-base indicators - Love Potion #9
- Capillary action and cohesion of water - Color-Changing Carnations
- Moisture and humidity - Fortune Telling Fish
- Air pressure and temperature - Love Meter 3000
- Thermochromic (heat sensitive) dyes - Ohhh! Ahhh! Paper & Secret Message Love Notes
- Polymers and light refraction - Jelly Marble Magic
- Ultraviolet light - Valentine's Day Bracelet
- Crystal formation and supersaturated solutions - Borax Crystal Heart
- Density and physical changes - Sugar Water Density Column & Dancing Conversation Hearts
- Electrical charge and piezoelectricity - That Loving "Spark"
- Chromatography, color, and color mixing - Skittles Chromatography & Color Mixing Gobstoppers
- Solubility - Floating M's
- Water absorption - Incredible Growing Gummy Bears
Having trouble purchasing or downloading?
- Try using this direct link instead: Valentine's Day Science Experiment Guide.
Valentine's Day Science Kit
January 28th, 2013
Click the thumbnail below to see the video.
We don't currently have any customer reviews.