If you've ever watched an action movie in a theater, you've seen and felt an onscreen explosion. Did you know that what you were feeling was actually waves of sound from the theater's speaker system? We'll show you how you can visualize the sound vibrations and explain why, even though you can't always see it, you can feel sound. Click here to download the sample tone.
- Garbage bag or plastic wrap
- One box of cornstarch (16 oz)
- Large mixing bowl
- Pitcher of water
- Gallon size zipper-lock bag
- Newspaper or a plastic drip cloth to cover the floor
- Download the audio sample we used