When scientists mention the future of the automobile industry, hydrogen fuel cells always come to the forefront. With the H-Racer 2.0, you can build a small part of the future right in your own home, and it just happens to be one of the coolest hydrogen fuel cell cars in the world. We can't stop playing with it!
The H-Racer 2.0 uses a Horizon fuel cell and on-board hydrogen storage system to power itself - no batteries required! In fact, this futuristic car is a prototype for a cleaner, oil free future. It's a great way to teach children, and adults, about the importance and functionality of this remarkably clean alternative fuel source. And now, with the included CD-ROM, you'll have the opportunity to take the H-Racer 2.0 even further with an entire curriculum based around hydrogen fuel cells.
With its clear body design and transparent pieces, the inner mechanics of the car and its fuel cell operating system are easily visible. In addition, an easy and fun assembly process guarantees that the H-Racer 2.0 is an activity and experience that everyone can participate in, regardless of age!
- H-Racer 2.0 chassis and body
- Hydrogen station
- PEM fuel cell
- 0.75 watt solar panel
- Infrared remote control
- Quick connector
- Purging valve
- Refueling input valve
- Plastic 5 mL syringe
- Front and rear bumpers
- Three flexible plastic tubes
- Eight screws
- Connector cable for solar/hydrogen station
- Decorative H2 sticker
- Remote control batteries
- Assembly instructions
- CD-ROM with renewable energy curriculum and instructions
How Does It Work?
Use the H-Racer 2.0 as an awesome renewable energy powered toy, a learning tool, or a great way to connect with your students. The key to this fuel cell car's usability is how it accurately reflects how hydrogen cars and refueling stations work in the real world. Bring the future of technology into the present!
What Does It Teach?
- The effect of heat, shade, and tilt angle on solar panels
- Learn how to maximize the power from the solar panel
- Learn about electrolysis mode (generating hydrogen and oxygen from water)
- Learn about fuel cell mode (generating electricity from hydrogen and oxygen)
- Determine the minimum voltage for water decomposition
- Learn about the polarization states for hydrogen fuel cells
- This is not a toy but science in a box Review by Billie
This is not a remote control car or meant to be a toy. It is better for older children or young adults looking to learn more about fuel cells. Don't buy it for kids who want to drive a car around on the floor. It is perfect for science fair projects if you want to test what will make it run longer and demonstrate fuel cells. Plan on some time for assembly. Younger children may need help building the car and fueling station. Very cool if you want to learn a little science! (Posted on 10/29/14)